Magnesium plays a number of vital roles in your body. Yet despite its importance, it is one of the leading nutrient deficiencies in adults, the second most common, with an estimated 80 percent deficiency rate.
This essential nutrient is not produced by the body, so you need to get it through diet and supplementation. Because of this only a quarter of Americans actually get the recommended dosage through their diet.
Magnesium Glycinate is a specific formulation that has increased bioavailability and absorption. This form is less likely to cause the common problem of laxative effects that other forms, such as magnesium citrate, are known for. The binding of magnesium to glycine is beneficial because of the effects it has on the absorption and use through the body. This particular pairing is more resistant to the acid in your stomach and so has a better rate of absorption in the intestines, increasing the overall amount that makes it into the bloodstream.
Some of the benefits of having proper levels of magnesium maintained include:
1. Magnesium is used to create “energy” in your body by activating adenosine triphosphate, also known as ATP.
2. It calms nerves and relieves anxiety.
3. It can improve your sleep.
“When 46 patients were either given magnesium supplements or a placebo over an eight-week period in a double-blind, randomized trial, the group taking supplements experienced a significant increase in sleep time, an easier time falling asleep, higher concentrations of melatonin (the hormone responsible for inducing sleepiness) and lower levels of cortisol, which are associated with stress.”
“Researchers who published the 2012 study in the Journal of Research in Medical Science concluded that magnesium supplementation is low-risk and effective for lowering insomnia symptoms; improves sleep efficiency, sleep time and sleep onset; plus it aids in early morning awakening and lowers concentrations of cortisol.”
4. Aids digestion and relieves constipation. Can make you more regular.
5. Relieves muscle tension and pain.
6. Dietary benefits include its effects on blood sugar and insulin resistance. Magnesium combats insulin resistance, and thus may reduce the risks and symptoms of diabetes.
7. Can help prevent migraines.
8. Helps in preventing Osteoarthritis.
9. It is also reported to have positive effects on mental health and cognitive performance. Supplements can boost your mental performance and help improve mood.
In fact, Magnesium is a key chemical ingredient in over 300 different processes performed in your body. Taking a high quality Magnesium Glycinate supplement may be able to help with a wide range of health concerns, including: Poor Sleep, Fatigue, Insulin resistance and Diabetes, Depression, Brain Fog and Hypertension. Taking high quality supplements is one way to boost your mental and physical performance, improve mood, and to get or keep yourself at optimal performance levels.
Leave a Reply